DADWA Message update Sept. 15 , 2016
A. FLASH NEWS:
1. The Allowances Committee under chairmanship of the Secretary Finance GOI invited recognized associations of service doctors through the MOHFW on Thursday 15-9-2016. Other members of the committee like Secretaries of Health, Home, DOPT, Posts and Member Railway Board were present from government side.
DADWA represented through its Secretary, JACSDO through its Chairman, AIGDMO Association through its President and Vice President and Faculty associations of MAMC, LHMC through their office bearers were present from the staff side. Members of All India Government Nurses Federation that had spearheaded a nation-wide strike of nurse recently were also present.
The Nurses were invited first and Ms. Anita Panwar made a power-point presentation justifying their demand for a higher pay-scale for staff nurses as their entry level qualification had been increased. She also made a case for several allowances like High Risk, Washing/uniform, Special-area psoting allowance, training etc. They also demanded Non Practicing Allowances on similar lines as doctors.
JACSDO being a confederation of 8 different organizations including CHS, Dr. Rajiv Sood made the next presentation on behalf of all about NPA, TA, conveyance and stagnation in CHS. He did so with grace and showed his good knowledge and understanding of the subject. He argued that the NPA was in fact a special pay and not an allowance and that its continuation at 25% of basic for all purposes was necessary for doctors and that it was unfair to touch it in view of the Memorandum of Settlement of 1991 between GOI and JACSDO. In his 20 minutes presentation he also covered anomalies related to TA and its recovery, Conveyance allowance, Risk allowance and that these were outcome of the and subject of deliberations by several committees and pay commissions.
Dr. Pathania on behalf of faculty associations agreed to the argument put forth by Dr. Sood and made a case for higher Academic Allowance, need for grant for research and their training/conference etc.
On behalf of DADWA the undersigned drew the attention of the committee to the fact that 7th Pay Commission has failed to increase the wages enough so as to cope with the inflationary trends and reduction of purchasing power of money over the next decade. Instead the 7PC has targeted the NPA and other allowances in a manner that the increase in salary of service doctors is minimal. He later submitted a one page note highlighting the problems due to reduction of NPA and its delinking from basic for HRA; issues related to TA, conveyance allowance and stagnation in CHS. A case was also made for Risk allowance for doctors.
In the end the President AIGDMO drew attention of the house to PG Allowance and how it has become a paltry sum of Rs.1500 per month.
After about two hours the chair thanked the participants and declared that subsequent deliberations would be held internally among the members of the committee.
2. The Contempt case filed by DADWA and JACSDO against DOPT and MOHFW for not implementing NFU in CHS despite the judgment of Hon’ble Delhi High Court of Oct. 2014, came up for hearing on 29-8-2016 AN.
DADWA’s advocate informed the court that the compliance of the Govt. was not in accordance to the letter and spirit of the judgment and pointed out several errors of omission therein.
The court gave an opportunity to us to file a response affidavit that we intend to utilize fully and expose the strategy of the MOHFW of ‘denial through delay’.
DADWA however is hopeful that MOHFW would take a proactive stand and assuage the hurt feelings of the service doctors and create goodwill.
B. Earlier message dated Aug 25, 2016
1. As informed earlier DADWA is holding an Urgent Meeting of its Steering Committee on Saturday 27-8-2016 at 1:30 PM at DMA Hall Darya Ganj.
2. This committee comprises of members each from various Delhi Govt. Hospitals (2 each), both Directorates (2 each) and 9 Districts (1 each). In addition, both past and present members of DADWA core group are also invited.
3. The agenda will be,
a. Filling up of Vacant posts of Executive Committee
b. Review of situation arising out of growing frustration of CHS doctors deployed in Delhi due to irrational transfers independent of transfer policy, recovery of TA, increase in retirement age and benefits of NFU and 7PC at par with CHS
c. Collection of cheque of Rs.2000/- per member towards membership and legal corpus of DADWA so as to facilitate filing of fresh cases as per decision of the steering committee.
d. Any other agenda with permission of Chair.
4. As follow up of the contempt case filed in Delhi High Court against GOI by DADWA, all those officers whose names do not figure out in the list of 593 doctors granted NFU to SAG w.e.f. 2006 are advised to file their representations to the GOI MOHFW through proper channel as soon as possible. They are requested to endorse a scanned copy by their received representation by email to ‘email@example.com’
5. For convenience of members, a draft letter can be downloaded from the ‘download’ section of this website.
6. Copy of the OM dated 17-8-2016 along with the list of 593 doctors who are granted NFU is also available in the download section of this website for use of members.
7. Members may please note that they should take care in exercise of their option while accepting NFU so that their promotion under DACP scheme is not jeopardized in any way what so ever. These are functional SAG promotions effective from 29-10-2008 entitle them to higher TA and this is our case in the OA filed in CAT by the AIGDMO Association followed by Association of doctors of Safdarjung and Dr. R.M.L. Hospitals in which stay has been granted by courts.
Note: If one were to assess the adequacy of work done by concerned sections of MOHFW in complying with the orders of Delhi High Court, it is disappointing. There seems to be total lack of application of mind as several officers who had been promoted already to SAG through DACP have not been included in the list of 593 promoted through NFU. Besides, CHS Officers working in Delhi till 2009 who were later inducted in DHS are also to be included in this list as are those members of DADWA who are from teaching and non-teaching sub-cadres of CHS. DADWA sincerely hopes that MOHFW will not embarrass itself when DADWA’s advocate hammers them for these errors of omission. The advocates of the respondents would be forced to express regrets and take the plea that they may be spared as they have at least been able to act after a lapse of several months. If such is the efficiency of our ministry then it is matter of concern how it would take care of health of the country? DADWA sincerely wishes that our bureaucrat colleagues rise to the occasion and refuse to eat the humble pie in the court!
- Dr. Vijay Rai, Secretary
PS: Please do contribute to DADWA’s legal corpus and support your own cause. Send cheques payable to “Delhi Admn. Doctors Welfare Association” to our treasurer “Dr. B.K. Dey, 45, Harit Niketan, West Enclave, Pitampura, Delhi -110034” contact no.9999882644