1. In calculation based on 1.86 factor existing basic + DP+DA @24% are protected.
2. For doctors DA protection on NPA is being given by adding DA on NPA.
3. However, in DP an additional amount of 25% of normal DP was added for NPA element.
4. DA was also applicable on this additional amount which has not been compensated.
CALCULATION FOR RS.10000 BASIC
1. DP is Rs.5000 (50%) + NPA element Rs.1250 (25% of 5000)
2. DA is to be compensated for NPA of Rs.4063 by paying addl. Rs.976 (24% of Rs.4963)
3. No compensation of DA on NPA element in DP is being considered.
4. To compensate addl. Rs.300 (24 % of Rs.1250) should be added to Rs.976.
5. Thus total compensation for DA on NPA should be Rs.1276
This is just a mistake in illustration given in notification and needs to be taken up without prejudice to other aspects as per other comments.